Boston real estate mortgages
Here’s a pretty amazing story about one of those securitized packages of crappy subprime mortgages (in this case the MABS-2006-FRE1 bond) sold before last decade’s housing market collapse.
Believe it or not, good old MABS-2006-FRE1 is still around — as is one of the original holders of those old crappy mortgages, Stephen Monzione of New Hampshire. The story kind of weaves through the history of the bond that includes Monzione’s initial mortgage on a converted barn near Lake Winnipesaukee.
And, oh, yeah, investors are making a killing on MABS-2006-FRE1, now that the Fed has effectively bailed out the entire mortgage industry in recent years.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018