Boston Condo living isn’t for everyone, but you’ll find that there’s a lot of people very satisfied with their condominium lifestyle in the Boston area. Today I’d like to highlight a few things about a condo lifestyle and whether it’s for you compared to living in a detached single family home.
First, it’s not maintenance–free, but it’s close. The condominium association of your building pays for and supervises the exterior maintenance and repairs of the building and common areas. You won’t be mowing the lawn on a beautiful Saturday morning, so you can take out those golf clubs and play 18 rounds of golf.
You save money on some things. The association normally covers water, sewer, common area and exterior upkeep, and trash services. The fees you pay are normally less than you’d pay individually for these things. You only pay for interior walls and personal belongings insurance, as the association pays to ensure the structures.
You do trade off some control and decision–making ability. There will be rules to keep the exterior look uniform throughout the project, and there will be limits to what you can do to the inside of your unit as well.
Neighbors are closer. With units having common walls, there is more opportunity to get to know your neighbors. The common areas will provide enjoyment for all, but some sharing is necessary.
You have a voice with your vote. As a member of the condo association as an owner, you can participate in decisions that influence your property and how you enjoy your ownership.
Let The Ford Realty Team help you with more information about condominium ownership in the Boston real estate market.
Give our team a call to schedule a viewing of Boston condos.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent