Apparently, an architect has proposed 19-story residential tower for the Chinatown / TriBeCa neighborhood of Manhattan, to be located at 87 Lafayette Street.
1) The building is shaped this way because the developer hopes to buy the “air rights” above the fire station, behind the lot.
(It’s not clear whether the firehouse is still owned by the city or in private hands. Either way, it’s protected by the Landmarks Commission, meaning approval of the tower is far from assured.) (Okay, to be completely accurate, it seems as though the owner of the adjoining property is the one who is going to make the agreement with the owners of the firehouse … then presumably the owners of the actual building plot would make an agreement with them. As if this piece of minutiae is important!)
2) The red boxes? Metal shipping containers, of course!
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.