Eh, you could find worse things to do with the next five minutes than to try out this website:
How It Works
Walk Score helps people find walkable places to live. Walk Score calculates the walkability of an address by locating nearby stores, restaurants, schools, parks, etc.
What does my score mean?
Your Walk Score is a number between 0 and 100.
The walkability of an address depends on how far you are comfortable walkingâ€”after all, everything is within walking distance if you have the time. Here are general guidelines for interpreting your score:
* 90 – 100 = Walkers’ Paradise: Most errands can be accomplished on foot and many people get by without owning a car.
* 70 – 90 = Very Walkable: It’s possible to get by without owning a car.
* 50 – 70 = Some Walkable Locations: Some stores and amenities are within walking distance, but many everyday trips still require a car.
* 25 – 50 = Not Walkable: Only a few destinations are within easy walking range. For most errands, driving is a must.
* 0 – 25 = Driving Only: Virtually no neighborhood destinations within walking range. You can walk from your house to your car!
How it Works
Walk Scoreâ„¢ uses a patent-pending algorithm to calculate the walkability of an address based on:
* The distance to walkable locations near an address.
* Calculating a score for each of these locations.
* Combining these scores into one easy to read Walk Score.