So, the Herald is going to sell its building and (more lucratively) its six-acres of land.
The Globe story on the announcement includes this paragraph:
Other developers are also looking at the neighborhood. A city official who requested anonymity because no official action has been taken said developers has shown the Boston Redevelopment Authority a preliminary proposal at a neighboring site, at 275 Albany St., to build a 25-story complex with 290 housing units and a 150-room hotel.
It makes it sound as if it’s a secret what’s going on around there.
The property at 275 Albany Street is the <<< parking lot next to the >>> old (1970) Teradyne building, sold last year to Normandy Real Estate Partners.
Everyone assumed it was going to be redeveloped.
Mostly, because that’s what the developer itself has been saying on its website:
275 Albany Street
* This 1.27-acre site is slated for a mixed-use development with a hotel, retail, and rental apartments
* Located in the SOWA district, which features many loft-style condominiums, art galleries, bakeries, trendy eateries, and retail
* Boston Convention Center and the Seaport District are just 10 minutes away
* MBTA Silver Line is just 1 block from the property
This mixed-use development site, ideally located in downtown Boston, will offer spectacular views of the Financial District to the North, Back Bay to the West, and South Boston and the waterfront to the East. Located in this trendy, upscale area, just 2 blocks south of Washington Street, the property provides access to buses and is just 7 minutes to the BU Medical Center. The site is directly adjacent to Route 93 and the Mass Pike, so visibility and access will be exceptional.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.