Despite the well-documented pullback in the real estate market, consumers’ real estate appreciation expectations may still be too optimistic, according to the Second Annual RBC Capital Markets Consumer Survey. Nearly half of all homeowners still expect at least 5 per cent annual increases in their home values over the next few years, but this is down from almost 60 per cent of homeowners last year.
Also, of note:
The national survey of 1,003 Americans also revealed that 25 per cent of homeowners have already paid off their mortgage – twice the number of people with risky variable and interest-only mortgages (13 per cent).
Nearly 40 per cent of those with variable rate and interest-only mortgages are concerned with their ability to meet higher payments, while 13 per cent haven’t even considered the ramifications.
[Those with variable rate and interest-only mortgages make up a] fairly small segment of the overall survey (approximately 6 per cent).
Complete story: Majority of Americans Still Optimistic About Home Values Over Next Few Years – RBC Capital Markets
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018