Of course, I was just joking when I suggested that the NorthPoint condo project was in danger, yesterday.
Here are more details on what happened:
In a ruling that could have ramifications for several Bay State waterfront developments, the stateâ€™s highest court has ordered the developers of the 48-acre North Point mixed-use project in East Cambridge to seek a license under Chapter 91, which governs development in tidelands.
The ruling, which could delay construction and prompt legislative hearings on the $2-billion project, found that the state Department of Environmental Protection exceeded its authority when it granted the developers an exemption from the waterways statute.
Presumably, any construction already completed or under construction (including the first two residential buildings, Sierra and Tango), would be exempt from any future restrictions or rulings.
It’s bizarre that the judge in the case felt the way he did, seeing as the project is being constructed 1,500 feet from land-locked tidelands and not near coastal waterways, but, whatever.
It’s kind of funny that the two articles I read say that no one from the developer would comment about the controversy, whereas I got a phone call from a company principal, last evening.
More: SJC Slows Development of $2B Project – By Beverly Ford, GlobeSt.com
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018