Say what you will about real estate agents or anyone else you employ to perform a job, it’s kind of nice to, well, you know, pay them for the work they do at the agreed-upon terms.
But it appears some Wall Street types – surprise! – don’t think such rules apply to them when it comes to renting vacation homes in the Hamptons. From BI:
We’re told that they were asking about 25 homes in the brokerage firm’s system and an agent worked really hard making calls and arranging tours. The agent took the two Jons to some houses last Saturday. He felt confident that they would put in an offer.
According to the brokerage, the pair were leaving handwritten notes in the homes telling the homeowners that they would like to do an all cash deal directly with the owner, while cutting out the agents. Two homeowners found the notes and turned them over to Rosehip Partners, says the firm.
It’s hilarious. Totally busted. Photos of the actual hand-written notes can be found here.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018