Just about the coolest book about Boston is “Houses of Boston’s Back Bay”, written by Bainbridge Bunting.
The book describes the history of the residential buildings in the Back Bay, those built between 1840 -1917, some in excruciating detail. Included are photos of the exteriors and interiors of some of the more interesting homes. Also, a description of each architectural style, its influences, etc.
Toward the back, there is an exhaustive and complete list of each building, its architect, original owner, and date built, by address.
A lot of fun to read.
Read more about and order Houses of Boston’s Back Bay
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.