Real estate and condo news
People thought they’d make some money investing or working at Internet start-ups. Now they think they’ll make some money from investing or working in real estate. We’ll see.
From the New York Times:
The New York Times | Business | Trading Places: Real Estate Instead of Dot-Coms
Real estate-crazed Americans have started behaving in ways that eerily recall the stock market obsession of the late 1990’s.
In Naples, Fla., some houses have been bought twice in a single day, an early-21st-century version of day trading. Buying stocks on margin has morphed into buying homes with no money down. The over-the-top parties of Internet start-ups have been replaced by flashy gatherings where developers pitch condos to eager buyers.
Five years ago, the cable channel CNBC sometimes seemed like a backdrop to daily American life. Its cheery analysis of the stock market played in offices, in barbershops, even in some bars. Today, “Dude Room,” “Toolbelt Diva” and other home-improvement shows are the addictive fare that CNBC’s exuberant stock shows once were.
“It just seems like everyone is doing it,” Laurie Romano, a 26-year-old self-described real estate investor, said with a giggle as she explained why she was attending an open house this month for the Nexus, a 56-unit building going up in Brooklyn’s chic Dumbo neighborhood. She and her fiance, a dentist, had already put down a deposit on a Manhattan condo earlier in the week and had come to look at another at the Nexus.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos fir sale
- South Boston Condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: December 2017