City and development officials this morning formally said good-bye to the old Herald building in the South End, clearing the way for demolition of the former newspaper plant to make way for new the “Ink Block” development with its 451 new housing units, a future Whole Foods store and additional retail and restaurant space.
Mayor Meninio was at the ceremony today — and one BREB source who attended festivities reports that a worker actually started jackhammering in the now-abandoned facility while one of the speakers (though not the mayor) was talking outside. An employee was apparently dispatched to tell the worker to stop, at least for a few more minutes.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018