The Boston Herald picks up an Associated Press story about a decline in the number of single-family home sales, in October.
Sales of single-family homes decreased 9% in October, most likely due to rising interest rates, according to the Massachusetts Association of Realtors.
However, condo sales increased 14%, when comparing October 2004 to October 2005.
Median sales price for single-family homes went up a scant 1.2%, and for condos, up 7.5%.
Kimberly Blanton of The Boston Globe discusses ways in which real estate agents use technology to better serve their clients. (Look for my name and blog buried somewhere in the story!)
Aaron Sharockman of the St. Petersburg Times covers a story about the mayor of Clearwater (FL) who has been accused of pushing a controversial condo development on the city, buying a unit in the building (pre-construction), and then flipping it, two days after closing on his purchase (two years’ later) – for a profit of $233,000. Fortunate timing, or profiting, illegally?
Many investors stood in line for two weeks outside the sales center waiting for the frenzied day in June 2002, when units first hit the market. By that day’s end, investors told the Times, all models in (the mayor’s) Bonaire floor plan were gone.
But (the mayor), who earlier had told one of the developers in a one-on-one conversation that he was interested in buying in, didn’t wait in line. He was invited to come pick out a unit the following day. He did.
(Story by way of Inman News)
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018