Third time’s a charm.
In 2009, the Congress Group proposed converting the 100 Arlington Street mid-rise into office space. Later, it changed its plans, hoping to turn it into a hotel.
Now, they want to make it an apartment building, according to Greg Turner at the Boston Herald, who says that the Congress Group has partnered with Related Companies as developer. Related Companies, with Beal Companies, built the ultra-luxury – and uber-successful – Clarendon condo project / One Back Bay apartment complex a couple years ago.
A logical decision and probably a winning one, financially. Although I haven’t seen the inside, it looks to be the type of building that could be converted quite nicely. 100 Arlington has had many tenants over the years. More recently, it was a satellite campus to UMass Boston. Then, it was the Renaissance Charter School. The Congress Group purchased it several years ago when that school relocated to Hyde Park.
Bay Village neighbors may welcome the new proposal, but the issue of parking will need to be addressed.
*** Boston Curbed points out that the Boston Redevelopment Authority’s website states these will be “condos”, not apartments. Hmmm. What gives?
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.