From the Herald:

Red Sox owner John Henry may have to wait as long as a year before he can demolish his two Brookline homes.

The Brookline Historical Commission voted last week to impose a demolition delay on Henry’s Sargent Road estate, after determining that the two structures he wants to tear down are historically significant.

Brookline preservation planner Greer Hardwicke said a historical commission subcommittee will meet in January to plot the town’s next steps. Options include working with Henry to prevent all, or part, of his tear-down plans, she said.

If no agreement is reached, Henry will likely be free to demolish the homes when the year ends.

And, in future news:

December 21, 2008

Brookline home torn down.

Source: Henry gracious as home tear-down plan halted – By Christine McConville, The Boston Herald

Comments

comments

Call Now