2018 Boston housing tip
Before you begin your search for a Boston condo or a Boston apartment, its essential that you have knowledge of your credit score. There are several agencies that will provide you with one free copy of your credit report per year. Equifax is one such company. Having this knowledge, both a buyer and renter is essential before you begin your housing search.
Once you receive your credit report make sure your report is accurate. he higher your credit score, the more likely you will be accepted for your dream home. If you’re buying a higher credit score will result in a better mortgage interest rate, which will lower your monthly payments, will also translate a larger Boston condo for your money.
Many potential buyers believe that they need a 750 FICO® Score or higher to be able to purchase a home. The truth is that according to Ellie Mae’s Origination Report, over 53% of loans were approved with a FICO® score under 750.
Here are some tips for improving your credit score:
- Make payments, including rent, credit cards, and car loans, on time.
- Keep your spending to no more than 30% of your limit on credit cards.
- Pay down high-balance credit cards to lower balances, and consider balance transfers to free up credit.
- Check for errors on your credit report and work toward fixing them.
- Shop for mortgage rates within a 30-day period — too many spread-out inquiries can lower your score.
- Work with a credit counselor or a lender to improve your score.
Once you know your score, your next step will be contacting Ford Realty Inc. so we can assist you in finding an apartment or Boston condo. We can be reached at 617-720-5454. You can also text us at 617-595-3712.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Charlestown Navy Yard
- Dorchester Heights
- Jamaica Plain
- Leather District
- Seaport District
- South Boston
- South End
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018