You know, the first time I saw the Alexandra Hotel, it must have been around 1986, or so.
It was a complete dump, even then.
Now, 20 years later, it still stands, a wreck.
The city of Boston has attempted to get the owner to either fix it up or sell it, with little success.
Things looked better when earlier this year when two prospective buyers put in offer to buy the building reportedly for $3.2 million but by October their financing had fallen through.
Possibly, things are coming to a close, as both sides have agreed to meet in Boston Housing Court on December 15th, for reasons that are currently unknown.
We can all hope a contract to purchase will be signed, the judge will sign-off on the deal, and this sad chapter in the South End’s life will come to a close.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to view condos or apartments or to set up an appointment to see one please call 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Click Here: Back to Boston Real Estate Home Search
Back to homepage: Boston condos for sale
Ford Realty – Boston Real Estate Google Reviews 2019