Another non-real estate post, but this is pretty big: The Boston Phoenix is closing.
Though the writing was on the proverbial wall when the Phoenix recently switched from newsprint to glossy magazine in a desperate attempt to shake things up, it’s still shocking to see a once-mighty institution go under like this.
For the Phoenix, it wasn’t just the loss of display advertising dollars and younger people switching over to the Internet and mobile-devices for their news; the entire business model collapsed, especially after Craig’s List devastated the circulation business for all publications. For years, the Phoenix relied heavily on its adult ads that were once shunned by the MSM.
File under: The times they are a changing
An update — Some of you who tried to get on the Phoenix site yesterday probably discovered the site had crashed due to such a heavy volume of people trying to view the last issue. Think of it in terms of a crowded, last-viewing wake. Anyway, the BBJ did find the final editor’s message. And here’s the good-bye statement from owner Stephen Mindich.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018