The number of homes reaching the auction stage of the foreclosure cycle by banks holding the owners’ mortgages has increased for the fourth month in a row. (Run-on sentence???)
Warren Group said the number of foreclosure auctions scheduled for April reached 1,712, the highest since the early 1990s and up from 1,111 in March.
Meanwhile, the number of new foreclosure proceedings initiated by lenders against Massachusetts homeowners decreased in April, the second monthly decline, the Warren Group said. Lenders initiated 2,005 foreclosures in April, down from 2,139 in March and 2,242 in February.
Source: More face auction of homes – By Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Also: Home auctions quadruple: Bay State has 1,712 ads in April – By Jerry Kronenberg, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.