Selling your Boston Beacon Hill condo is a big deal, and can literally take 2-3 months to prepare your property—and yourself—to be ready for buyers. It helps to break your to-do list into manageable bite-size pieces to minimize the stress and keep the process under control. Here’s a quick guide to get you started.
As soon as you decide to move:
- Interview Beacon Hill real estate agents: Take time to find a Boston Beacon Hill condo agent that specializes in your area and who can demonstrate their marketing prowess.
- Outline a plan: Work with your agent to set priorities so you can focus on finishing one task at a time. Create a checklist for your Beacon Hill condo clients and complete each task
- Decide what you can live without until your home sells. Then pack it up and get it out!
2–3 months before listing:
- Hire a Beacon Hill condo inspector: having a pre-listing inspection helps identifying issues early in the Beacon Hill home-selling process.
- Complete repairs: Once you’ve taken stock of it all, tackle what matters most. Be smart. This initial investment of time and money can help generate a faster sale at a higher price.
1–2 months before listing:
- clean: Scrub every surface until it shines. Hire a pro to make carpets and rugs
- Create an inviting space that lets buyers see your house as their home. Take down family photos and other personal items. Don’t forget to stage the outdoors too.
- Get your Beacon Hill home picture-perfect so the photographer can capture it
1 week to go:
- Discuss with your agent showing instructions.
keep the stress at bay during the weeks and months leading up to putting your Beacon Hill home on the market is to make a plan