Beacon Hill condos
This Boston Beacon Hill condo for sale checklist is to help our Boston downtown condo buyers to stay on track, efficiently locate properties, negotiate with confidence, and to work their way through the many documents, disclosures and inspections leading to a successful closing. The order may change around a bit depending on the properties and the buyers, but in general, these are the things you need to keep in mind and do in getting to the closing table and picking up your keys.
Renting vs Buying
1. If renting is an option, do the rent vs buy calculation and check your financial abilities to cover closing costs, make a substantial down payment, and qualify for a condo mortgage.
Let us help you
2. Let us help you learn how to efficiently use our MLS search page to locate the best Boston downtown condos and pull those that don’t meet your requirements.
3. Let us set you up with automated condo alerts by email to keep you posted on new condo listings and price reductions. Call or email us with your questions about specific condo listings.
Other check list items for Beacon Hill condo buyers
4. Take notes and photos when you visit Beacon Hill properties, as you’re not likely to remember details once you’ve seen several.
5. Go over the condominium documents, finances, disclosures and title documents with our experienced personnel so that you thoroughly understand them and know the rules and how you’ll be able to enjoy your property.
6. Remember that you’re the Beacon Hill condo buyer, and if you don’t bring money and a mortgage to the table the seller doesn’t get to sell and move. Having a backup choice helps you to stand firm in your negotiations.
7. Participate in inspections and post–inspection repair negotiations. We’re there to advise and help, but you’re making the decisions.
8. Attend the closing, get your keys, and enjoy your new home