Beacon Hill condos
This Boston Beacon Hill condo for sale checklist is to help our Boston downtown condo buyers to stay on track, efficiently locate properties, negotiate with confidence, and to work their way through the many documents, disclosures and inspections leading to a successful closing. The order may change around a bit depending on the properties and the buyers, but in general, these are the things you need to keep in mind and do in getting to the closing table and picking up your keys.
Renting vs Buying
1. If renting is an option, do the rent vs buy calculation and check your financial abilities to cover closing costs, make a substantial down payment, and qualify for a condo mortgage.
Let us help you
2. Let us help you learn how to efficiently use our MLS search page to locate the best Boston downtown condos and pull those that don’t meet your requirements.
3. Let us set you up with automated condo alerts by email to keep you posted on new condo listings and price reductions. Call or email us with your questions about specific condo listings.
Other check list items for Beacon Hill condo buyers
4. Take notes and photos when you visit Beacon Hill properties, as you’re not likely to remember details once you’ve seen several.
5. Go over the condominium documents, finances, disclosures and title documents with our experienced personnel so that you thoroughly understand them and know the rules and how you’ll be able to enjoy your property.
6. Remember that you’re the Beacon Hill condo buyer, and if you don’t bring money and a mortgage to the table the seller doesn’t get to sell and move. Having a backup choice helps you to stand firm in your negotiations.
7. Participate in inspections and post–inspection repair negotiations. We’re there to advise and help, but you’re making the decisions.
8. Attend the closing, get your keys, and enjoy your new home
Over the course of 20 years in the Boston downtown real estate market, John represented and sold numerous, condominiums, investment and development properties in Greater Boston and in the surrounding suburbs
In addition to representing Boston condo buyers and sellers, John is currently one of the most recognized Boston condo blog writers regarding Boston condominiums and residential real estate markets. John's insights and observations about the Boston condo market have been seen in a wide variety of the most established local & national media outlets including; Banker and Tradesman, Boston Magazine The Boston Globe, The Boston Herald and NewsWeek and Fortune magazine, among others.
For over 24 years, John Ford, of Ford Realty Inc., has been actively involved in the real estate industry. He started his career in commercial real estate with a national firm Spaulding & Slye and quickly realized that he had a passion for residential properties. In 1999, John entered the residential real estate market, and in 2000 John Started his own firm Ford Realty Inc. As a broker, his clients have come to love his fun, vivacious, and friendly attitude. He prides himself on bringing honesty and integrity to the entire home buying and selling process. In addition to helping buyers and sellers, he also works with rental clients. Whether you’re looking to purchase a new Boston condo or rent an apartment, you’ll quickly learn why John has a 97% closing rate.
Charles River Park
Surrounding Communities of Boston
John Ford and his staff can be reached at 617-595-3712 or 617-720-5454. Please feel free to stop by John's Boston Beacon Hill office located at 137 Charles Street.
Ford Realty Inc
137 Charles Street
Boston, Ma 02114
- Boston condosHow to avoid Boston downtown real estate scams
- Boston condosBoston Downtown real estate: Cautious tale for Sellers using Redfin Now and other direct condo buying companies
- Boston condosBoston downtown real estate market: Expert predictions for second half of the year
- Boston condosHow to make your Boston Seaport condo your sanctuary – 5 Tips