Here’s an excellent overview piece that tracks the 12 largest private developments now under way in Boston as we enter 2013.
The numbers are almost staggering: $2.7 billion in construction at 12 locations with the final goal of producing about 2,157 housing units, not to mention all the extra retail, office and lab space included within the totals.
Of the 12 biggest projects, eight of them are either primarily apartment or condo developments. Among others, they include Millennium Place ($220 million – 256 units); 100 Pier 4 ($195 million – 369 units); the Kensington ($188 million- 381 units); 120 Kingston ($127 million – 240 units).
The Victor ($92 million – 286 units) is the furthest along in construction and is already touting its opening later this year along the Greenway.
Remember: These numbers comprise only the top 12 development projects. Dozens of other developments have also begun construction, or have been approved by the BRA, or are currently in the review pipeline. It’s incredible.
File under: Happy New Year, Boston!
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018