John Chesto over at his Mass. Market blog notes the similarities between the Boston and Pittsburgh real estate markets, both commercial and residential. Chesto notes that the recent Zillow quarterly report paints a very bleak picture nationwide, but Boston and Pittsburgh stand out for bucking the trend in falling home prices (though barely).
They were the only two among the country’s 25 largest metro areas to see gains in home values from the second quarter of this year to the third (although Boston’s gain was a minimal 0.1 percent). They are also the only two metro areas on the top 25 list where fewer than 10 percent of the single-family homes are underwater (it’s 6.3 percent in Pittsburgh, 9.5 percent in Boston). In the past year, home values have risen 1.6 percent in both the Boston and Pittsburgh markets, by Zillow’s calculations.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018