In a perfect world, we’d have a steady inventory of homes for sale and stable home prices in the city, so anyone and everyone who wanted to buy or sell a home could do so.
We don’t live in a perfect world.
Prices for condominiums in the city jumped 7 percent in the first quarter of this year, compared to the same period in 2006, to a median $489,800, according to preliminary market figures compiled by Otis & Ahearn, a Boston real estate brokerage and marketing firm. In contrast, prices for single-family homes in Massachusetts fell 5.7 percent in the same period, according to Global Insight, a Waltham economic and consulting firm.
Sales figures, though preliminary, also indicate a good quarter. In the first quarter, 760 condo sales have been posted to date, for a total value of $512 million. That compares to 759 sales in the first quarter of 2006, for a total of $446 million.
Source: Condo prices in the city leap 7% – By Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.