It’s a taboo of sorts to discuss Boston estate commissions, because it’s an impolite topic (like discussing one’s salary or bowel habits at a social gathering). Of course, it is legal and necessary to discuss commissions with a home seller–and as we all know, this is a negotiable fee. But to publicly discuss real estate commissions is insane on a Boston real estate blog. Well, according to Boston real estate agents it is.
So what can I say about Boston real estate commissions? Well, according to HomeGain (the bigger mouth), Boston real estate commissions during the month of December, 2007 (time for an update?) averaged 5.10 percent across the board, whether it was a $300,00 Dorchester Condo or a $5,000,000 or more Boston Luxury Condo
I don’t suppose this is earth rattling news of any sort, and it feels about right to this writer to discuss real estate commissions. Home Gain says this figure is based on historical commission averages for Boson real estate sellers who found their agents through Home Gain. And they, too, disclose that real estate commissions are negotiable.
So if you are thinking of listing your property for sale call us. I think we can match beat our competitions commission prices.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018