Each week, the Otis & Ahearn real estate company releases a Boston Downtown Condominium Weekly Report.
Included in their definition of “Downtown Boston” are the Back Bay, Bay Village, Beacon Hill, East Cambridge, Chinatown, Charlestown, Fenway, Leather District, Midtown, Navy Yard, North End, Seaport, South Boston, South End, West End, and Waterfront neighborhoods.
Otis & Ahearn collects its data from the Listing Information Network, Inc. (LINK) listing service (except for its East Cambridge data, which it compiles from both MLSPIN and LINK).
LINK data includes ALL sales within those neighborhoods, as reported at the Suffolk County Registry of Deeds (all sales, including those through real estate agents, directly by developers, and for-sale-by-owners).
According to their October 26th report, it looks as though Downtown Boston condominium sales should be 3rd-highest on record. There were more condominium sales in 2004 and 2005.
Average condo sales price is on track to beat every year, and median condo sales price is on track to beat all prior years, except for last year.
Sales volume has increased by over 5%, compared to 2006, and total sales in dollars has increased over 12%, compared to 2006.
The Otis & Ahearn report has much more data than what I’ve provided, including a breakdown of sales volume and prices by neighborhood.
It also includes data on all recent sales (including unit #s and prices) in Boston’s “luxury” buildings.
(And, sales data for some of Boston’s closest suburbs.)
Source: Otis & Ahearn Real Estate
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown/downtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boston condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.