The Boston Globe has a story out today that downtown Boston condo sales fell 15%, between 2004 and 2005, citing statistics from LINK, the online database that most real estate agents use.
Sales in 2005 began strongly, with the first-quarter exceeding sales in 2004’s first quarter, according to a year-end summary by Listing Information Network (Link) being released to its clients tomorrow. Sales weakened during each of the remaining three quarters. At year-end, 3,903 condos sales were closed in the city’s 12 downtown neighborhoods tracked by Link, compared with 4,586 in 2004.
Now, how could anyone argue with that?
Well, a contrarian could.
In fact, there are two online databases – LINK and MLS. In the past, LINK was the database everyone used. Over the past several years, however, more and more agents have begun to use both databases to list and find real estate for sale.
What does MLS say? In 2004, there were 1939 condos sold in downtown Boston (MLS and LINK define neighborhoods differently; MLS, for example, as a “Theater District” neighborhood and LINK, for example, breaks out “Bay Village” as a separate neighborhood). In 2005, there were 2275 condos sold in downtown Boston.
That’s a 14.7% increase in sales.
Okay, that was fun.
In truth, sales must have dropped off toward the end of last year. Everyone knows that. I’m just sayin’, stats CAN lie.
Complete article: Downtown Boston condo sales fall – by Kimberly Blanton, The Boston Globe
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.