So, a couple weeks ago the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court handed down a decision that put into doubt the entire NorthPoint condo projects, among others. The court decided that any developments built near (not on) wetlands were subject to the same (restrictive) coastal building regulations as those on the waterfront.
Ta-dah! Problem magically solved.
Gov. Deval Patrick signaled yesterday he will come to the rescue of Cambridge’s giant NorthPoint project and several other developments endangered by a recent state court ruling.
Administration officials filed legislation that would effectively reverse a recent state Supreme Judicial Court decision – one that threatened to trigger extensive coastal building reviews for NorthPoint and other developments.
Those darn activist judges. When will they ever learn!
Deval says coast is clear: After court ruling, gov moves to aid projects – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018