Here’s a pretty good guide for all the St. Patrick’s Day activities in the Boston area today.
As we know, though, this is really Evacuation Day, the holiday solemnly set aside to remember, respect and cherish the forced British evacuation of Boston by the brave and humble minutemen, led by George Washington, during the American Revolution. The holiday’s passage into law in 1938 had nothing to do with Boston being predominantly Irish, who some dastardly cynics say just wanted a day off to celebrate, or recover from, St. Pat’s festivities. We don’t believe that cynicism for a moment. Bostonians? Cynical? Please.
Filer under: Happy
St. Pat’s Evacuation Day
P.S. – Don’t forget schools and local government offices are closed tomorrow in Suffolk County, to celebrate Evacuation Day, of course.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018