Let’s face it … we’re not getting any younger. And at some point, the time will come for a generation of Baby Boomers to sell their Back Bay real estate or Beacon Hill condo. While these homes have served us greatly for many years — perhaps many decades — will they appeal to today’s young, tech-savvy consumers?
In 2019, 43 percent of home buyers were millennial’s in their twenties and thirties. Currently, they are the largest purchasing group in the country. Will your Boston condo for sale, in its present state, appeal to a younger generation?
Following are some tips that will help make your home more appealing to today’s young home buyers:
- As the seller, have your home pre-inspected to determine what must be done before putting your Back Bay condo on the market.
- Buy a home warranty, which will reassure Beacon Hill condo buyers that they won’t be faced with major repair expenses during the first year of homeownership.
- Is your North End condo decor a bit outdated? Offer a credit for repairs so Boston North End condo buyers can put their personal touch on the property.
- Lighten and brighten by cleaning windows, updating light fixtures and applying a fresh coat of neutral paint on your Seaport condo for sale.
- Create a list highlighting neighborhood amenities such as recreational facilities, shops, gyms, restaurants, etc.such as in the Seaport District
- Eliminate clutter your Midtown condo for sale to give an open-flow feeling.
- Add smart home features such as wireless security, smart bulbs, water sensors, smart locks, remote-controlled shades, in your high rise condo for sale.
For more information and tips for home sellers, please contact Ford Realty Team at 617-595-3712 or 617-595-3712.