Good question! The answer is, it depends . . . Downtown Boston real estate sales are seasonal here in Massachusetts. During the Spring market activity increases and more homes are bought and sold. There are more buyers out looking and more homes on the market for those buyers to choose from.
People buy homes in the fall and winter too. The buyers looking in the winter are usually pretty motivated as are the sellers.
I have no idea what the market or the interest rates will be like next spring. I can understand why Beacon Hill condos sellers like to wait for the peak selling season. The only advice I can really give is that if a home owner wants or needs to sell it will happen a lot faster if the home is actually on the market.
- Motivated buyers.
- A lower inventory of homes on the market, for buyers to choose from.
- Working with real estate and mortgage professionals that have time and are not over worked, like we are during the spring months.
- Interest rates will likely be higher next spring.
- Fewer buyers.
- Longer market times.
What do Beacon Hill real estate agents do in January when business is slow? Hopefully, get a vaccine shot
List you property for the Winter Market
When the holiday season is comes to an end, you should think about listing your Boston condo now. While others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the winter (spring market)
- Many employees are being relocated to Boston, one example is GE. Companies like GE are hiring throughout the holidays and need their employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
- Beacon Hill homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is less competition for you as a seller right now.
If you are considering selling your Boston home, please give us a call at 617-720-5454. We are happy to provide you with a free Boston condo market analysis.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Charlestown Navy Yard
- Dorchester Heights
- Jamaica Plain
- Leather District
- Seaport District
- South Boston
- South End
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.