This is a bit off-topic, seeing as it takes place in the suburbs, but it’s too big to ignore.
Westwood Station, when completely built, will turn 130 acres near the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority’s Route 128 rail station into 1.49 million square feet of office and laboratory space, 1.35 million square feet of stores and restaurants, 1,000 residential units, and two hotels.
The retail portion of the development will be done, first, followed by offices and residential housing (condos? single-family homes? I don’t know).
This has the potential to be a great project. Its density and size is shocking, but the good things are, this is being built near public transportation and major highways.
Kudos (ugh) to the town’s public officials for being brave enough to build this, to see the positives over the negatives.
Westwood is about 24 miles southwest of Boston, out near Dedham, by way of Route 128 or the VFW Parkway.
More: Westwood Station Draws Interest – By Beverly Ford, GlobeST.com
Also: It takes a village to raze Route 128 landmark – By Robert Preer, The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018