A recent survey by the PulteGroup revealed that the Millennial generation has a more optimistic outlook regarding the American economy than other generations. According to the survey, 54% of Millennials believe the economy is in better shape today than it was last year compared to only 41% of the total population.
“No other cohort of adults is nearly as confident about their economic future as the millennials are right now. This is definitely a change, as millennials have regularly been viewed as the disenfranchised generation vastly affected by the fallout of the recession. But now, with an increased sense of optimism, this generation is starting to feel as though they have the resources available to lead the lives they want or expect to in the future.”
ABOUT THE BOSTON REAL ESTATE?
Specific to real estate, the survey indicated:
- 85% of Millennials plan to purchase a home in the future
- 49% plan to purchase a home in the next two years
- Of those planning to purchase in the near-term, 56 percent are current homeowners and 41 percent are renters
- 65% prefer spending more money on a home that is move-in ready compared to doing renovations
- 58% increased their interest in purchasing a home in the past year as the positive attributes of homeownership resonate with this generation.Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENT
- Back Bay
- Beacon Hill
- Charlestown Navy Yard
- Dorchester Heights
- Jamaica Plain
- Leather District
- Seaport District
- South Boston
- South End
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.