There is no bigger development project in the Boston area than Cambridgeâ€™s multibillion-dollar NorthPoint.
But a nasty legal battle has erupted between NorthPointâ€™s would-be developers, raising questions about the future of this long-planned â€œcity within a cityâ€? near the banks of the Charles River.
Boston and Maine railroad, which owns the 45-acre site on the East Cambridge-Boston line, has filed suit in Suffolk Superior Court against its longtime development partners, which include some of the biggest names in Boston real estate.
The railroad, and its parent company, Pan Am Railways, wants to give walking papers to its erstwhile partners, who include executives from the old Spaulding & Slye, long Bostonâ€™s blue chip real estate firm, as well as the global giant that recently acquired it, Jones Lang LaSalle.
I have high hopes for NorthPoint. We’re talking a billion dollars of proposed development – condos, office space, retail space, etc. Plus, a new MBTA Green Line Station. It would be a terrible shame if the economy and/or politics and/or lawsuits would derail (pun) this project.
More: Legal battle could mean NorthPointâ€™s headed south – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.