So if you’re on Twitter today, you should definitely check out the hashtag #matownslogans. Here are some of the gems from the Twitterati:
- Rockport: Gloucester’s spinster aunt.
- Medford: If you have to ask where Meffa is, you’re not from around here.
- Somerville: Cambridge’s Kid Brother With The Perpetually Runny Nose
- Revere: Well, we’re not Lynn
- South Hadley: Where downtown is just past the gun shop
- Pittsfield: Yes, you’re still in Massachusetts
- New Bedford: Better than old Bedford.
- Methuen: Wait, I thought we were in New Hampshire?
- Lowell: Our famous writer stayed longer than a summer *coughConcordcough*