From the Globe, today:
When we had our home inspection, the seller was present during the entire process. We never felt free to converse candidly with our inspector. Shouldn’t the inspector or our agent have asked the seller to excuse himself during the inspection? — Michael
My answer: Yes.
I’m not sure why the buyers didn’t ask their agent to ask the other agent to ask his or her client to leave.
Shy, I guess.
No doubt, the sellers thought they were doing everyone a favor by showing up at the inspection – help out by offering advice or information, if and when problems were found.
Better that the sellers go out for coffee, then ask to see a copy of the home inspection, after it’s all written up, and respond, later.
The home inspector wasn’t responsible for what was going on, he or she will do the same quality job, regardless of who’s watching or commenting.
More: Seller’s presence at inspection creates stress – By Barry Stone, Inman News by way of The Boston Globe
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018