A “study” came out yesterday which says that using a real estate agent is a waste of money.
Well, basically that’s what it says.
The conclusion, in a study to be released today based on home-sales data from 1998 to 2004 in Madison, Wis., is that people in that city who sold their homes through real estate agents typically did not get a higher sale price than people who sold their homes themselves. When the agentâ€™s commission is factored in, the for-sale-by-owner people came out ahead financially.
The study did find that using an agent reduced the average number of days needed to sell a home.
What do I think?
I can save $20 by changing the oil in my car, myself.
However, if you think I’m going to put my car up on the blocks and crawl under it, you’re mistaken.
I don’t even put my own window-washer fluid in!
Complete story: One Citys Home Sellers Do Better on Their Own – By Jeff Bailey, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.