Real estate broker commissions
Description: A survey to find out what readers think about real estate broker commissions.
Question : In one sentence, please tell me, why you would or would NOT use a real estate agent to sell a home.
I think I can do it myself / Too expensive
I can show the home myself. I would be willing to pay a commission to the buyer’s broker
too easy to sell online
Commission % for average home/condo is unjustified given the man-hours and expenses.
I would not use an agent because I am framiliar with the community where I live (pricing, advertising, schools, etc)
rookie, never done it before
Now that most sellers are doing much of the home searches online commissions in the U.S. are way to high in many areas – they should be 1.5-2% like in Great Britain.
I don’t have the time and experience to list my owm home
I would try to sell it on my own at first to save the $20K they would charge
Agent would be better at showing a property to others and negotiating when necessary.
5% commissions are ridicluous
my time is still more valuable to me
I wouldn’t want to deal with all the work myself.
The expensive is greater than the value added (in my particular case)
I think that the only way I would not use an agent is if I couldn’t afford it (i.e., I was “under water” on my loan).
They are shady
Probably would because what is in your interest is probably in theirs as well
I work full time and would like someone to handle showings and other aspects of the process for me.
wound not. Do not want to pay commision
Find a broad array of buyers; deal with buyers; get max value for house
I would use a real estate agent to facilitate the process faster
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.