I am excited about the new tower proposed for Russia Wharf, to go up on top of and beside an existing, historic building, on Atlantic Ave.
While it looked as if the project was on hold (much to the relief of owners of the nearby InterContinental Hotel & Residences), it looks as though plans are on track.
The real estate firm plans to build a 31-story tower complex that will include some renovated portions of Russia Wharf. That 19th century office and retail building stands at the bustling corner of Congress and Atlantic, not far from Rowes Wharf.
Yet while there has been much talk of new towers in Boston, developers have also been skittish about taking the plunge amid a Bay State economy where growth has been sluggish.
But some real estate executives and observers are seeing a green light in Equityâ€™s recent actions.
â€œI just think Sam Zellâ€™s operations out of Chicago have probably decided that the time is now and it probably is,â€? said Vivien Li, executive director of the Boston Harbor Association.
The company hopes to break ground after the turn of the new year.
Source: To Russia, with plans – Wharf tower could be in sight – By Scott Van Voorhis, The Boston Herald
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018