If you walked around Boston or Cambridge in the last few day’s you’ll notice it’s that time of year for many young college kids, graduation! How does that relate to the Boston condo market? For those newly empty nesters, it may mean that it is time to downsize. Many of the condo buyers I have worked with over the years were in this very same position. One of the common dilemmas they each face is if they are able to go from a 3,000—4,500 square foot home, down to a 1,300—2,000 square foot condo. Now the one thing many are giving up is a spacious yard, however, that is sometimes a blessing in disguise. Many decide they are fine with spending more time on the golf course and less time pulling weeds!
Adjusting to smaller spaces. The one thing I always ask potential buyer’s is where do they spend their time in their current house? The most common answers,the kitchen, the family room and the master bedroom. This my friends is a condo! Do you really need that 3rd and 4th bedroom? Do you really need that 1500 square foot
finished basement that rarely gets used. What most people find is that they can easily adjust to the smaller spaces and what they really enjoy is the new benefit of more time to be doing what they enjoy and less time slaving over a yard work.
Another added perk to Boston condo living is that you’re nearby restaurants. While many of you may enjoy your time in the kitchen, after years of trying to figure what to cook for your family every night, it is nice to have the option to just go down an elevator and walk to you favorite eatery.
Another thing I see with those that choose to downsize, selling the big home in the suburbs and buying two smaller condos. Many buy a Boston condo in the downtown area and possibly a second in areas like Palm Springs, Florida or Scottsdale Arizona. Now this may be a luxury for many, but as the kids leave home, you’ll have more “Me Time”.
If you’re considering selling your home in the suburbs for a nice Boston condo, please call or email me.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE & RENT
- Boston Back Bay condos for sale and rent
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale and rent
- Charlestown Navy Yard sale and rent
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale and rent
- Fenway Boston condos for sale and rent
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale and rent
- Leather District Boston condos for sale and rent
- Midtown Downtown condos for sale and rent
- Seaport District condos for sale and rent
- South Boston condos for sale and rent
- South End Boston condos for sale and rent
- Waterfront condos for sale and rent\
- Back to homepage Boston condos
- Boston condos for sale
- View Boston condos for sale. Updated every 8 minutes with new listings
Boston Midtown condos for sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.