Boston neighborhoods and real estate
Legendary TV actor Leonard Nimoy (aka Star Trek’s “Spock”) recently came home to Boston to visit his old West End neighborhood, or what’s left of it, for a documentary he’s doing.
From the Beacon Hill Times:
Traveling with his son, Adam, Nimoy visited the West End Museum to shoot footage for a family film and view the current exhibit of photographs from Jules Aarons.
According to museum curator Duane Lucia, Nimoy spotted his grandmother in one of the photos, which launched a flood of memories of his early days growing up in the melting pot that was the West End of the 1930s and 1940s.
“He had many question regarding how the neighborhood has changed since urban renewal,” said Lucia. “We looked at the old maps of the neighborhood and he got his bearings using St. Joseph’s Church on Cardinal O’Connell Way, which was formerly Chambers Street across from where Nimoy lived.”
File under: Live long and prosper.
View Back Bay condos for sale and rent.
Boston condos for sale:
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018