Who wins, who loses, now that the Fed has lowered the fed funds rate?
Bankrate.com does all the analysis.
Regarding your home loan:
When the federal funds rate goes down, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage will drop. Sometimes the fixed-rate mortgage follows the Fed and sometimes it doesn’t. In recent weeks, as investors became convinced that the Fed would cut short-term rates, fixed-rate mortgages fell. Now that the Fed has cut the federal funds rate even more than expected, fixed-rate mortgages should remain low and perhaps fall further.
What about your home equity line and your credit card interest rate?
Read on …
More: Fed decision winners and losers – Bankrate.com
Also: What the Fed said – a translation – By Holden Lewis, Bankrate.com
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.