This is an awesome idea! I can’t quite figure out a way to use it to get me that penthouse apartment in Manhattan I’ve been hoping to buy, but there must be a way.
When Julie Hampton was a graduate student, she decided that she wanted to buy a small house in a remote Italian village about a 90-minute drive northwest of Florence. But she didnâ€™t have the more than $80,000 she needed, so she came up with a plan.
What did she do?
She persuaded 60 people to pay $1,000 each in exchange for three weeks at the villa. After every person spends their three weeks in Italy, Julie will end up owning the property, free-and-clear. (Her parents kicked in most of the remainder she needed.)
No, you read that right.
This is an awesome idea, isn’t it?
Unfortunately, properties here in the United States cost a bit more than $80,000, but maybe you can find 2000 people to pay $2,000 for three weeks vacation at a luxurious $4,000,000 condo in midtown Manhattan, or maybe 100 people to pay $40,000 …
Complete story: Making Her Dream House Pay for Itself – By Amy Silverman, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos for sale
- Beacon Hill condos for sale
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale
- Leather District condos for sale
- Midtown condos for sale
- Seaport District condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End condos for sale
- Waterfront condos for sale
- Boston Downtown condos for sale
- Downtown condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018