After lord knows how many different housing-refinance plans have been rolled out by the government, the two authors of this NYT op-ed say there’s really only one chance/plan left on the table.
To which we say: Riiiiight.
Not to belittle the problem of underwater home owners. It’s a real and sad problem. But the government has had so many different programs, it’s hard to believe that there’s really only one plan left, as if there’s an ideas cupboard with empty, dusty shelves with one last, lonely policy idea sitting on them.
At this point, the real problem, from a policy standpoint, is that we’re in the middle of a presidential election and nothing is likely to get done between now and November. The housing market is slowly recovering and that one last solution is going to have to wait.
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos $550k
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.