Forbes magazine comes out with a list of what they consider the perfect “pied-a-terres”, in some of the best cities across the globe.
Boston is well-represented with a $2.3 million, 1700 square foot, two-bedroom, two-bathroom home in the Ritz Carlton Towers.
Huh? That doesn’t really count as an “in-town” getaway, even to the rich, does it?
To me, a pied-a-terre would be a one-bedroom, one bathroom 600 square foot condo in a new development, maybe in the $450,000 – $500,000 range – small enough to eliminate any maintenance or furnishing problems, but large enough to have a fair-sized bedroom and at least a reasonably-sized kitchen.
Just about every other property they showcase is priced in the millions of dollars, as well.
More: Choice Cities For A Pied-A-Terre – Forbes.com
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $550k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $550k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $550k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $550k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $550k – $1M
- Leather District condos $550k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 450k – $1M
- South Boston condos $550k – $1M
- South End condos $550k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $550k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.