Exciting news out today about nascent plans to bring a massive new mixed-use project to the Kenmore Square area. The buildings would go up over a newly-covered Mass Turnpike.
Developer John Rosenthal yesterday unveiled his latest plan to remake the Kenmore Square neighborhood near Fenway Park, a 1.3-million-square-foot project that would put two residential towers along the Massachusetts Turnpike.
If completed, Rosenthal’s One Kenmore would add 668 housing units to the area and cover more than 500 feet of the open Turnpike corridor . It would create pedestrian access between Beacon Street and Fenway Park, and would improve access to the MBTA commuter rail’s Yawkey Station.
… His plans include 20- and 17-floor towers, 57,000 square feet of restaurants and retail space, and, if fully built, five buildings that would include parking for more than 1,200 vehicles.
Surprisingly, the developer isn’t including any condominium units in his plans. Yes, the market has slowed, but I think there would be plenty of buyers for homes in the area. Perhaps these plans will change, over the coming years, prior to breaking ground. I’d rather see one rental, one sales, and, I’d like to see a hotel there, too.
(Neighbors have previously voiced strong opposition to the developer’s parking plans, because they believe having more parking in the neighborhood will only encourage more and more people to drive into the area, instead of taking public transportation. Perhaps. But, no one can argue that more parking isn’t needed, even now, to handle game-day crowds and the daily flow of workers to the medical area.)
Source: For developer, 3d time may be charm – By Thomas C. Palmer Jr., The Boston Globe
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018