People always ask me, “John, you work so hard. Where do you go to vacation?”
Vacation? Who has time? But, when I do manage to tear myself away for a couple of days, I head west.
To the Catskills. In New York State.
Specifically, Stamford, New York, at the head of the Delaware River.
There is much to do in this sleepy little town. You can enjoy a snack and beverage at the Red Carpet, a cocktail at John’s Tavern, a bite to eat and a drink at Vasta’s Italian Food, and a night of dancing and beer chugging at The Belvedere. There’s also a couple of bars in town.
My favorite place is the Hidden Inn, as described in this excerpt from a recent article in The New York Times. The Hidden Inn is in the neighboring town of South Kortright.
[T]ake a break for dinner at the Hidden Inn … built as a hotel in 1893 and now a popular restaurant with spacious dining rooms and a cozy bar. The pub-style menu offers good burgers and fajitas; more formal dinner fare includes dishes like a well-prepared rack of lamb roasted with rosemary and garlic ($17).
There is live piano music most weekends. They encourage sing-a-longs and liberal drinking at this comfortable and friendly restaurant/bar.
If you stop by, tell ’em Brandon sent you!
Contact me to find to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: January 2018