I attended the South End Landmarks Commission, last evening.
It was very educational. And entertaining, too.
There was lively discussion, plus a few heated exchanges, a few raised voices (not all by me, surprisingly).
The big news of the night?
The Waltham Tavern will be no more.
(Well, it’s already been closed a year, so no news, there.)
The property was sold last week, for $1.75 million, to local developer Geno Ranaldi.
He plans on completely renovating the building, turning it into six condominiums. Preliminary sketches were approved, last evening.
Ranaldi has already begun demolition work, and hopes to be done by late 1st-quarter, 2008.
Prices will run from the low-$400’s to over $1 million.
The commercial space on the ground floor will be turned into a 500-square foot studio; it will no longer be commercial space.
Who, the board asked, would want to live in such a small space?
Mr Ranaldi responded, “My real estate agent says that it’ll probably be some young bachelor.”
Ladies welcome, indeed.
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about Boston condos for sale or to set up an appointment call/text 617-595-3712.
SEARCH FOR CONDOS FOR SALE AND RENTALS
- Back Bay condos under $500k – $1M
- Beacon Hill condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown condos $500k – $1M
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos $500k – $1M
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos
- Fenway condos $500k – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos $500k – $1M
- Leather District condos $500k – $1M
- Midtown downtown condos $1M – $5M
- Seaport District condos 4500k – $1M
- South Boston condos $500k – $1M
- South End condos $500k – $1M
- Waterfront condos $500k – $1M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Q 2018