It is Friday and I skipped going into my Beacon Hill real estate office today. I hear It’s pretty quiet in downtown Boston these days, there isn’t any skating too cold for that. The Patriots are no longer in the playoffs so even the bars are quite.
I haven’t been in the downtown Financial District since last spring. I heard its a ghost town There is a lot of vacant office and retail space. Except I heard the grocery stories are still busy in Boston.
Maybe I will go into work, I’m already bored. This working from home, doesn’t really work for me.
Boston Real Estate Survey
Results of a very interesting poll were released and they polled a bunch of people who have moved out of Massachusetts over the past several years, to find out their motivation.
Basically, people moved out of Massachusetts to New Hampshire to save money, to Texas and North Carolina for better jobs, and to Florida for the weather.
There’s plenty of grist for the mill on all sides – those who think housing is too expensive, those who think people are leaving Massachusetts for jobs, those who think Massachusetts is an enclave of dangerous liberal thinking, and those who think people move because they don’t like winter.
Selling my Boston condo because its too cold
The top reason people gave for leaving Massachusetts was a better job, followed by the cost of housing, family ties, and the weather. In a separate set of questions, 50 percent of those surveyed said the cost of housing was a ”major factor,” and a better job was cited as a ”major factor” by 39 percent.
Contact me to set up an appointment to start your Boston condo buying process.
SEARCH BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay Boston condos for sale
- Beacon Hill Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Boston condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard Boston condos for sale
- Downtown Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Boston condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights Boston condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale
- Jamaica Plain Boston condos for sale
- Leather District Boston condos for sale
- Midtown Boston condos for sale
- Seaport District Boson condos for sale
- South Boston condos for sale
- South End Boston condos for sale
- Waterfront Boston condos for sale
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.