Realize what this says:
New York City, in the throes of the biggest residential building boom in three decades, issued permits for 30,927 new units of privately owned housing in 2006 – a near-record number, according to figures released yesterday by city officials (bested only by 2005’s numbers).
The 2005 number is topped only by the 33,084 permits issued in 1972, at the height of the Mitchell-Lama subsidized housing program.
In 1972, 30,000 housing units were built, but many of them were subsidized rental units. In 2005, 30,000 housing units were built, presumably all of them high-end luxury condominium units.
What a reflection of the state of the New York City, and national, economy.
Source: Manhattan: High Level of Building Permits – By Janny Scott, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sle
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.
Updated: 1st Quarter 2018