I think most people would want to take out a fixed-rate mortgage loan, these days.
However, you might think an adjustable-rate mortgage loan might work for you, depending on the length of time you’ll be owning. And, if you’re putting down less than 20%, you’re probably trying to figure out if you should take out a second loan for the remainder, or pay PMI.
A new quarterly index of mortgage rates created by Susan M. Wachter … aims to simplify that process. Dr. Wachter’s U.S. Mortgage Payment Index, lists five common mortgages and shows how their payments will change over five years.
While other indexes track current rates for specific mortgages separately, or track rates tied to a borrower’s specific finances, the Mortgage Payment Index seeks to provide an apples-to-apples comparison.
Making Sense of All the Math – By Bob Tedeschi, The New York Times
Back to Boston condos for sale homepage
Contact me to find out more about this property or to set up an appointment to see it.
SEARCH FOR BOSTON CONDOS FOR SALE
- Back Bay condos $500k and up
- Beacon Hill condos for sale $500,000 – $900,000
- Charlestown condos for sale
- Charlestown Navy Yard condos for sale
- Dorchester condos for sale
- Dorchester Heights condos for sale
- Fenway Boston condos for sale $450,000 – $1M
- Jamaica Plain condos for sale $400,000 and up
- Leather District condos for sale $700,000 – $2.5M
- Midtown condos for sale $1m – $3M
- Seaport District condos for sale $1,000,000 – $2,000,000
- South Boston condos for sale $450,000 and up
- South End condos for sale $500,000 – $700,000
- Waterfront condos for sale $600,000 – $1,500,000
- Boston Downtown condos for sale $1,000,000 – $6,000,000
- Downtown condos for sale $1M – $5M
For more information please contact one of our on-call agents at 617-595-3712.